Fantasy Fillers: Sleepers and Busts for Week 5

Photo courtesy of Keith Johnston, Creative Commons
Photo courtesy of Keith Johnston, Creative Commons As Week 4 concluded, the NFL season has reached its quarter-mark. The New England Patriots are tied with the New York Jets and the Buffalo Bills for first in the AFC East. Expect a rebound game and a shootout for the Patriots on Thursday night against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Sleepers

Cameron Brate, TE – After a solid performance in Minnesota against the Vikings, racking up 33 yards and a touchdown, Brate responded with an 80-yard day and a TD. Look for Brate to put up even better numbers this week against a New England Patriots defense that has allowed 11 passing touchdowns so far this season.

Alex Collins, RB – The Baltimore Ravens have been searching for a running back to emerge for a long time, and no one has impressed them until now. Two weeks in a row, Collins has run for 82 yards on nine carries. As long he can hold onto the ball and not fumble, expect big numbers out of this explosive running back that has six individual carries for over 15 yards so far this season.

Will Fuller, WR – This is potentially the most dangerous free agent pick up this entire year in fantasy football. Fuller has developed a rare chemistry with quarterback Deshaun Watson, who has been elite during his rookie year. Last week, his first game this season, he caught two TDs on four receptions. Look for Fuller to continue the success with a quarterback who is on the verge of stardom.

Busts

Kelvin Benjamin, WR – Last week, Benjamin finally appeared to be back, racking up over 100 receiving yards. Those numbers are slightly misleading, as they came during an easy matchup against a porous Patriots defense, and nearly half of those yards (43) came on one play where he was left completely wide open. Expect Benjamin to be locked up by Detroit Lions cornerback Darius Slay and to have a rough time finding space.

Amari Cooper, WR – He has made just one big play this entire season. Don’t expect another. Cooper won’t get anywhere near the endzone this week against the Ravens. With Carr out, Cooper’s value drops even lower than it already is.

Lamar Miller, RB – Seventy-five rushing yards, 56 receiving yards, and two TDs. While it seems like Miller is trending in the right direction, he definitely isn’t. The Texans scored the most points in a single game in franchise history last week against the Tennessee Titans. Miller couldn’t even reach the 4 yards per carry mark despite such an explosive week by that offense. Look for the Kansas City Chiefs to hold their own against Miller come Sunday night.