• March 27No School because of Good Friday on 3/29/24
  • March 27No School on 3/25/24
  • March 27Asian Cultural Society Holi Holiday on 3/28/24 at 11:19 a.m. at the Blue Tables Outside Cafeteria
  • March 27Scholarship Night on 3/27/24 at 6 p.m. in Meyer Hall
  • March 27Dual Enrollment Meeting on 3/27/24 at 11:19 a.m. in the Cafeteria

Tips to Pass Your Exams

Jenevieve Norton

With final exam week coming up, it’s easy to find oneself in an academic slump full of no motivation and exhaustion. Instead of suffering through all-nighters full of cramming,  here are some tips to prepare yourself for exam season.

1. Eat a good breakfast

This one cannot be stressed enough. Pouring a bowl of cereal and calling it breakfast isn’t going to cut it. There’s nothing worse than taking an exam on a stomach that won’t stop growling. Not eating a proper breakfast reduces your cognitive skills and makes recalling information significantly more difficult.

1. Get a good night’s rest

If you don’t know the information by the night before the exam, no amount of cramming is going to help you. Instead of trying to memorize 50,000+ years of history in one night, go to sleep early to give your brain a rest. You will remember more than you think.

1. If you’re not studying yet, do it NOW

Final exam week starts May 30, so you have ample amount of time to go over what is going to be on your exam starting now. Leaving it for last minute is not only going to be stressful, but you’re going to over exert yourself. Take 30 minutes of your day to study for one subject, so that way whatever material you don’t know, you can ask your teacher.

1. Get organized

Organize the papers you have scattered all over. Look for papers that you know are important and that you’re going to need to use again, and throw out the ones you don’t. Reducing clutter will make you feel more put together and less stressed. Additionally, try to create an organized study schedule that will give you a better idea of how to time manage more effectively.

1. Don’t be afraid to look for outside help

Sometimes the things we learn at school aren’t enough, so looking for other ways to learn can help you out. Websites created by other people as well as lessons from other teachers might help you further enhance your knowledge and understanding of the subject.Try to look into YouTube tutoring videos or find study groups to give you extra study resources.

Final exams are a pain, but you’ve worked hard all year and you definitely know more than you think. Try to apply these tips to your exam week to be as successful as you can. Good luck!