• April 15Incent to Run Info Meeting on April 18th at 11:19 a.m. in Meyer Hall

MONTH OF LOVE PLANS (IF YOU’RE SINGLE)

Bella Weiss

As couples holding hands walk through the hallways with flowers and teddy bears tucked under their arms, it seems that being single is the outlier. Going home to an unscheduled evening on Valentine’s Day can feel lonely. The month of self-love is upon us, and what is sometimes forgotten is all the fun you can have without a significant other.

1. Self-love

Valentine’s Day is about so much more than romantic loveit stands for all aspects of love, including self-love. Whether by watching your favorite TV show, snacking on chocolate, or doing skin care, think about you. Paint your nails, light some incense, take a bath, walk your dog, try a new makeup look, go exercise, or draw. The possibilities are endless. Use this Valentine’s Day as an opportunity to focus on yourself and do what makes you happy.

1. Bullet journaling

Why not plan the next months while you’re relaxing? Grab some cute pens, a blank journal, and get crafting. This website has some great inspiration. Bullet journaling sets one up to succeed through planning and artistic elements to combine productivity and creativity into one book. Write down what you plan to do next week or things you’ve been needing to buy. You could add recipes, quotes, thoughts, or even a list of groceries. By having everything in one place, you will feel more relaxed (which ties into self love!)

3) Friend dates

A good alternative to going out with a significant other is to venture on a date with someone else you lovea close friend. The date can be at a restaurant, or it can be an activity. Mini golfing, walking around town, or even staying home together can suffice. Catch up on the latest drama, play video games, and enjoy your time together.

4) Bake

Baking can relieve stress and take your mind off things. Taking a freshly baked cookie out of the oven and “testing” it for good measure is incredibly rewarding. Some yummy options include fudge brownies with strawberry compote, vanilla cupcakes topped with heart sprinkles, and cut-out heart cookies.The wafting chocolate and vanilla will undoubtedly evoke happiness. Not to mention, you can bring leftovers to your friends the next day.

5) Go shopping

Both online and in-store shopping is fun for everyone. Go by yourself, or take some friends to the closest mall. Even if you don’t have the money right now, make a mental list or put some of your favorites in an online shopping cart. Try a different style or play an outfit-picking game with your friends: Whoever chooses the best outfit wins! Although, when checking out, make sure not to go too crazy; the main idea is to treat yourself.

6) Make some new playlists

Music can heavily influence your mood. But do not play that “feels” music playlist. Try listening to the new song people have been talking aboutdig deeper into a new genre. Spotify and Apple Music offer a range of different playlists with a variety of genres; listen to one and discover what speaks to you. You can even go as far as making a new playlist of your own. Who knows, it may be your new favorite.

7) Catch up on things

Maybe there are some chores that need to be done, food to be made, homework to finish, or people to call. Use this opportunity to complete what you’ve slacked off on lately. Although this isn’t the most fun, it will make you feel accomplished. Having a clean slate will help better your future thoughts, ultimately boosting your self-esteem.

8) Practice a hobby

Tying into the option above, try to be productive while doing something you love. Perfect your hand drawing, practice your athletic skills, write a novel, or even weave a basket. Try to do something that is soothing to you, but make sure it doesn’t cause more stress than relief. Continue the healthy, calming mindset. Throw on your new tunes, kick back in the shoes you just bought, light some incense, and lather on a face mask. Now you couldn’t be more ready to establish a new thing you’re great at.