• April 15Incent to Run Info Meeting on April 18th at 11:19 a.m. in Meyer Hall

[BRIEF] Former Ford and Boeing CEO Alan Mulally Speaks at the Forum Club of the Palm Beaches

Mulally discusses his career and leadership strategy with students and community members
Arik Karim
Mulally answers questions from the Forum Club moderator while guests eat lunch. He shared insight into his early life and professional career, citing his parents as major inspirations. “Every morning before school, my mom and dad would say things to remind me of important things in life,” Mulally said.

The Forum Club of the Palm Beaches’ Jan. 24 meeting featured Alan Mulally, former CEO of Boeing and Ford, as a guest speaker. In a moderated session, Mulally answered questions from the audience, which included staffers on The Muse who attended the event. 

The Forum Club is a non-profit organization that aims to “inform and educate the community’s social, business and political interest” according to its website. The group regularly hosts speakers at the Kravis Center and occasionally invites Dreyfoos students to their luncheons. 

Mulally spoke about “Working Together,” the workplace strategy he developed and implemented at both companies he led. The strategy focuses on creating a compelling plan focused on open communication and preparing for problems that might arise during leadership.

“Expect the unexpected and deal with it in a positive way,” Mulally said at the event. “In this rapidly changing world, this is absolutely the answer to everything.”