Club Rush

Photo by Julia Bonavita
Students and teachers alike crowd into the gym for Dreyfoos’ annual Club Rush held this year on Sept. 20.

Hundreds of Dreyfoos students bustled into gym for the annual Club Rush held this year on Sept. 20. Eighty seven clubs were present with student representatives and faculty sponsors ready to attract Dreyfoos students to an assortment of organizations.

“Club Rush was hectic, but I found that to be an enjoyable part of the experience which defined it,” theater junior and Running Club President Madison Burmeister said. “The more people flooding into the gym, the more people who are [looking] to [possibly] sign up for the Running Club!”

For the first time, the layout of Club Rush was established in rows and columns instead of in a ring, as it has been done in the past. A new club, the Collective, played live music throughout the event. The Gaming Club also had video games that were available to any Dreyfoos student to take part in.

“I thought it was easier to navigate through [this year] since there wasn’t just like a big circle of tables and a mosh pit of people in the middle and the music made it more fun and enjoyable,” piano senior Caroline Miller said.

The annual Club Rush is run and coordinated by the Dreyfoos Student Government Association (SGA.) Clubs were responsible for setting up their own table and advertising at Club Rush. Many clubs used other strategies to draw students to sign up such as handing out food or having student representatives attract Dreyfoos students. For example, the Dreyfoos Running Club sold Rita’s Ice to Club Rush attendees.

“I chose to sell Rita’s because I thought that by selling Rita’s we would not only gain profit that would go towards funding running opportunities for our club, but also entice students to come to our table and join the running club,” Burmeister said.