• October 3Jazz Concert Oct. 6 at 6:00 p.m.
  • October 3Dance Senior Showcase Oct. 6 at 6:00 p.m.
  • October 2Vocal Concert Oct. 5 at 6:30 p.m.
  • October 2Band Concert on Oct. 3 at 6:30 p.m.

Dressed as Professor McGonagall, AP Precalculus teacher Monica Russell goes over answers to problems that students assigned to the different Harry Potter houses solved. Each correct answer gave that house a point. “I hope that I can make (math) a little bit more interesting,” Mrs. Russell said.
Bring in the Teachers, Bring in the Magic
September 29, 2023
Welcoming Mrs. Richardson
Welcoming Mrs. Richardson
September 26, 2023
Residing at 525 Clematis Street stands Petezpop Palm Beach, an international snack shop. Donning a neon green and fuschia logo, Petezpop houses unique treats and chips from all over the world, as well as rare finds from the United States.
For Petez's Sake
September 25, 2023
An audience member sits on another patron’s shoulders watching Jack Johnsen perform his song “Banana Pancakes” at the 2023 Sunfest Music Festival. Johnsen performed on May 6, the second day of the event.
Song to Soul
September 24, 2023

[BRIEF] All That Jazz

Jazz Ensembles One and Two perform at Fall Jazz Night
Lexi Critchett

The sounds of brass trumpets and the tapping of drumsticks on vibrating symbols flowed off the stage and into the audience of Meyer Hall during the second jazz concert of the year.

On Tuesday, Dec. 7, Jazz Ensemble One and Two held their introduction concert, Fall Jazz Night, from 7 to 9 p.m. The concert featured an array of performers in both small combo and group pieces that consisted of all grade levels. Upperclassmen primarily composed Jazz Ensemble One, which served as the opener performance to the concert with five pieces including “Pennies From Heaven” and “Wave.” Two of the pieces are original compositions written by piano senior Zachary Williams and band senior Asher Pereira titled “Respectively Grove Trail” and “Blood on the Beach.”

“This concert would be a strong introduction for anyone who hasn’t been to a jazz-oriented concert at Dreyfoos,” band senior Harrison Gesser said. “They’re very exciting concerts. I highly recommend that many people go to them (…) (I am looking forward to) playing with my friends because I respect their musicianship.” 

Jazz Ensemble Two performed after the small group combos in a series of six pieces chosen by Jazz Director Christopher De Leon, including “Dat Dere” and “Spain.” Band junior Jordan Aboderin’s favorite part of the concert was “watching the solos and playing the solos.”

Although this concert was for one night only, Jazz Ensemble Two is performing next on Dec. 15 in Meyer Hall.