• April 15Incent to Run Info Meeting on April 18th at 11:19 a.m. in Meyer Hall

Dreyfoos swim team blows opponents out of the water

• Band junior Kyle Tellez finishing up the 400m free relay after other teammates, Piano junior Jacob McDougal, band freshman Gabriel Ortega, and band junior John Degnan.

• Strings junior Thomas Devito swimming the 10m butterfly with teammate art junior Giovanna cheering him on.

• Strings junior Thomas Devito leading teammates in their team cheer after finishing all races and defeating opposing team, Olympic Heights.

The boys and girls swim and dive teams had their first home meet on Sept. 1 against Olympic Heights Community High School. Both girls and boys teams won and now have have a record of 4-5. Their next meet will take place Sept. 7 at Santaluces Community High School.

“So far we have had a really good start to the season,” math teacher and swim coach Rachelle Lowen said. “We have won four times and lost [once], which is good. We have started off strong because a lot of our swimmers are coming in with experience [while other] students are new to the team.”

View Comments (1)
$750
$10000

Lilly Randolph, Assistant Managing Editor
Communications senior Lillian Randolph is a third-year staffer on The Muse. Before becoming Assistant Managing Editor, Randolph was a Sports staffer for two years. Her stories in that section have allowed her to earn two awards from The Palm Beach Post and one from the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. Aside from journalism, Randolph is involved in many activities. She is captain of the girls’ golf team for the third year in a row, president of Dreyfoos’ GLOCAL club, and also writes for SEEDS literary magazine. Randolph stays involved in the church community by regularly participating in her church’s high school group. In addition, she enjoys watching football, traveling, and spending time with family. She loves reading books, missing One Direction, and all things preppy. Randolph is so excited for this year on The Muse and can’t wait to see what the amazing staff will do.   If you would like to contact this staffer, you may reach them at [email protected].  
$750
$10000

• C

Chrissie FergusonSep 7, 2016 at 1:45 pm

Way to go, Dreyfoos swim team! Very nice contribution to your school newspaper, Lilly. Keep up the great work.

Reply