• April 15Incent to Run Info Meeting on April 18th at 11:19 a.m. in Meyer Hall

March 14 Track Update

Photo by Rowan Bennetti
Theatre sophomore Madison Burmeister competes in a sprinting event at the track and field team’s fifth meet held at The Kings Academy. In her 400m race she finished with a time of 1:06.

The track and field team competed at The King’s Academy in the fifth track meet of the season on March 14. Despite high temperatures reaching 90 degrees, members of the team managed to achieve high rankings in the races. Visual sophomore Jin Deng finished first in his 1600m (1 mile) heat with a time of 5:42.

“[I feel] accomplished [finishing first], but I was in the slower heat [which] makes me feel more motivated to get to the faster heat,” Deng said. “There was a person in front of [me so I] kept on pushing so I had a faster average pace. It was a good strategy since he was also took some wind force so I had more energy to pass by him at the end.”

Other team members that finished in the top five of their respective races included theatre sophomore Maddie Burmeister in the 400m race with a time of 1:06, vocal freshman Emese Nemeth in discus with a distance of 19 feet, and visual freshman Luke Han in the 3200m race with a time of 12:14.
The King’s Academy meet is the last meet before spring break for the track and field team. The meets following break are the most important for the team as those meets are district and county qualifying meets.