Spirit Week Day 1: Musical Genre Day

Spirit Week kicked off with its traditional Musical Genre Day. The freshmen were country, sporting flannels and French braids. The sophomores were techno pop, with some students dressed in the neon rave spirit while others choose to wear black with headphones, leaning toward techno. The junior class got to show their inner hipster and flower child with their indie theme. The popular outfit choice included flower headbands, elephant pants, lace tops, and sunglasses. Lastly baggy sweatpants, teardrops, headphones, tattoos, and tank tops summed up the seniors’ theme, rap/hip hop. As always, the seniors stayed on top, with almost everyone dressing up.

Although the kickball game rained out last year the tradition was carried out this year. Freshmen and sophomores faced off against the juniors and seniors. The game came close, but the upperclassmen came out on top with a score of 5-3.

• Social studies teacher Thomas Ruth (L-R), communications senior Jack Reagan and strings sophomore Alan Cadet Civil prepare for the Kickball game during lunch on Jan. 25.

• Visual senior Nicole Lindner (L-R), theatre senior Melissa Knoop, digital media senior Tiffany Barron, and vocal senior Hadley Bouchlas throw up peace signs during the Genre Day kickball game.

• Dance seniors Savannah Alberty (left) and Francesca Horvath (right) pose alongside dance junior Miranda Capparelli (middle).

The final point standings for the day are as follows:

Seniors: 142

Juniors: 117

Sophomores: 115

Freshmen: 27