Dreyfoos Holds Alumni Soccer Game

+%28L-R%29+Alumnus+Stefan+Gawlikowski+%2815%29+takes+a+shot+while+piano+sophomore+Josh+Boss+and+visual+sophomore+Nadid+Cruz+try+to+block+the+shot.+The+current+team+beat+the+alumni+team+on+penalty+kicks+2-1%2C+after+a+3-3+draw+after+regular+play+had+ended.
Photo by Daniel Montoya
(L-R) Alumnus Stefan Gawlikowski (15) takes a shot while piano sophomore Josh Boss and visual sophomore Nadid Cruz try to block the shot. The current team beat the alumni team on penalty kicks 2-1, after a 3-3 draw after regular play had ended.

The 2015 alumni soccer game was held at Dreyfoos on Dec. 23. The game included current players from the boys and girls soccer teams playing against Dreyfoos alumni. Current Dreyfoos students such as band senior Philipp Popp, visual senior Abbott Schrotenboer, and communications sophomore Skyler Buitrago were able to play with past Dreyfoos boys soccer team members. The game was officiated by social studies teacher Thomas Ruth. After being down 2-­0, the current Dreyfoos soccer team came back to tie the game 3­-3. The game ended after a penalty shootout between the two teams, in which the current team beat the alumni with a score of 2­-1.