• October 3Jazz Concert Oct. 6 at 6:00 p.m.
  • October 3Dance Senior Showcase Oct. 6 at 6:00 p.m.
  • October 2Vocal Concert Oct. 5 at 6:30 p.m.
  • October 2Band Concert on Oct. 3 at 6:30 p.m.

Dressed as Professor McGonagall, AP Precalculus teacher Monica Russell goes over answers to problems that students assigned to the different Harry Potter houses solved. Each correct answer gave that house a point. “I hope that I can make (math) a little bit more interesting,” Mrs. Russell said.
Bring in the Teachers, Bring in the Magic
September 29, 2023
Welcoming Mrs. Richardson
Welcoming Mrs. Richardson
September 26, 2023
Residing at 525 Clematis Street stands Petezpop Palm Beach, an international snack shop. Donning a neon green and fuschia logo, Petezpop houses unique treats and chips from all over the world, as well as rare finds from the United States.
For Petez's Sake
September 25, 2023
An audience member sits on another patron’s shoulders watching Jack Johnsen perform his song “Banana Pancakes” at the 2023 Sunfest Music Festival. Johnsen performed on May 6, the second day of the event.
Song to Soul
September 24, 2023

[BRIEF] ‘Young, Gifted, and Black.’

The Black Student Union (BSU) celebrated the achievements of Black students at the first BSU Black Entertainment Television (BET) Awards
Jason Monaco
For the first time on campus, the Black Student Union (BSU) hosts their own spin on the Black Entertainment Television (BET) awards. This ceremony commemorates Black students on campus in categories regarding arts, academics, and representing the student body.

The media center buzzed with excitement as co-hosts communications senior James McIntyre and dance junior Trinity Smoot Ford approached the “stage” to start the awards ceremony. 

The BET Awards describes the event as “an epic celebration of Black culture featuring your favorite artists from film, television, music, literature and more,” and it has been a staple in American culture since 2001. This year, BSU members nominated other members of the club who are “young, gifted, and Black,” as communications junior Josiah Manners said. 

“In my eyes, you’re all winners,” McIntyre said at the start of the ceremony. “Without further ado, let’s get into the awards.” 

Most Likely to Go D-1 Award: dance senior Jonelle Brinkley, vocal junior Zidane Guerrier, and dance junior Emily Gonzalez.

Jason Monaco

Theatre Excellence Award: theatre freshman Kevontay Oliver.

Jason Monaco

Best Dressed Award: communications junior Nyanjah Charles.

Jason Monaco

Creativity Award: visual sophomore Taniyah Aris.

Jason Monaco

Black Excellence Award (this award is for those with an overall good character who show up for the arts): communications junior Josiah Manners.