[BRIEF] “It’s a Great Time to Celebrate Our Culture.”

Auditions for the Multicultural Showcase are Feb. 8-10
Alana Cavanagh

The Multicultural Showcase is a performance organized and performed by members of the school’s different cultural societies, showcasing various art forms including speech, music, dance, literature, and visual art.

“The time is limited for the show, so we only have so many spots,” strings senior Juan Guerrero said. “We want quality over quantity. We want to incorporate as many people as possible, but we also (want to) make sure we keep the standard of the show at a high level.” 

Auditions for the show will be held Feb. 8-10 in Ensemble Room C during lunch. To audition, students must fill out a Google Form by Feb. 4 with details about their piece. Each audition is two minutes maximum and hour opportunities are available for those participating, including two NHS hours which can be earned by auditionioning, ten community service hours for participating, two hours for Dance Honor Society or one hour for Art Honor Society.

“It will showcase a lot of different cultures that some people may not be aware about,” Guerrero said. “I feel like there’s a lot of hate and discrimination against minorities in our country right now, and I think it’s a great time to celebrate our culture.”