Games in the Grass

Spirit Week 2024 started off with Field Day, a re-emerging tradition from past years.
  • Waiting for a snow cone, students from all grades crowd around the Kona Ice trucks parked in front of the soccer field. This is the first time in two years that SGA has hosted a field day during Spirit Week.

• Slamming the dunk button, administrator Belinda Castillo drops math teacher Craig Adams into the water. The dunk tank was an SGA fundraiser, featuring several other teachers including social studies teacher Ross Vening and assistant principal William Clark.

• Reeling his arm back, band freshman Thomas DeLoye aims for the dunk tank target. The price to try to dunk a teacher was $5 for three shots.

• Sitting on the edge of the bench, social studies teacher Ross Vening recovers from being dropped in the water.

• Visual sophomore Emily Ding prepares to throw her last ball at the dunk tank.

• Watching a beanbag slide across the opposing team’s board, a group of freshmen crowd around the cornhole game. Field day hosted other games including spikeball, sack races, and soccer.

• Falling to her knees, vocal junior Aime Pierre laughs as her friends finish a sack race ahead of her. Students were able to race in groups of 4 on a stretch of the soccer field marked by cones.

• Hopping across the field, visual freshmen Chase Piesco and Chloe Robins race each other to the finish line in sacks. Sack racing was one of several games students could participate in for spirit week points.