[BRIEF] Cultural Clubs Share Dishes at Potluck

Visual+junior+Thi+Tang+eats+on+the+bleachers+with+others+at+the+Multicultural+Potluck%2C+held+Nov.+10.+
Bélen Rivera
Visual junior Thi Tang eats on the bleachers with others at the Multicultural Potluck, held Nov. 10.

The cultural clubs on campus, including the Latin Hispanic Heritage Club (LHHC), Asian Cultural Society (ACS), Jewish Student Union (JSU), and Black Student Union (BSU), shared dishes from their respective cultures in the gym Nov. 10. 

This year, LHHC hosted the Multicultural Potluck event. Each club had a table in the gym where students waited in line to be served food by the clubs’ officers. From fried rice brought by ACS to rugelach brought by JSU, there were many dishes to try. 

“All of the cultural clubs at Dreyfoos provide communities for people who want to be a part of (a community), but it also means that (they) don’t really get to see what the other communities are like,” LHHC president and communications senior Ana Valdarrama Lemus said. “The potluck is that event that creates cross-cultural communication. Having all of (the food) in one place where anyone can have some genuinely helps to share a part of ourselves with the greater student body.”