• April 8Grad Bash April 12th at 1 p.m. in Universal Studios Orlando
  • April 8No School on April 10th
  • April 8Juniors Rising Seniors Photographs on April 8th and 9th during Language Arts class in the Media Center
  • April 8Pops Concert on April 9th at 6:30 p.m. in Meyer Hall

[BRIEF] Drawing, Painting, Cardmaking

National Art Honor Society (NAHS) collaborates with Cards 4 Care for their first meeting of the year
Ashwin Kishor
Standing among other NAHS officers, vocal senior and co-vice president Hope Luo (far right) explains participation hour opportunities to members. NAHS not only has expanded their participation hour opportunities to Cards for Care, but to other organizations around campus, including Seeds Literary and Arts Magazine.

Officers outlined membership requirements and introduced a collaboration event with Cards 4 Care, which allowed members to create cards towards the end of the meeting.

Drawing a picture, vocal junior Grace Little makes a card at the introductory NAHS meeting. Little, a member in Cards for Care, joined the honor society after hearing about the collaboration at Club Rush. Little said, “​​I wanted to join and make a difference in people’s lives because I know that it can be difficult when you’re in a hard situation such as nursing homes or in a hospital.” (Ashwin Kishor)

The cards will be given to patients and staff at Jupiter Medical Center as a new opportunity for members to earn hours for each card they make. 

“NAHS is a really big club with hundreds of members, so it’s exciting that we get to collaborate with them and get a lot more new people to do our club activities,” communications senior and Cards 4 Care co-president Capri Wayne said.