Decisions and Donuts

Seniors celebrate college decisions with a party of donuts and school spirit
Students+gather+to+hang+pennants+on+the+cafeteria+wall.+Seniors+were+asked+to+decorate+their+pennants+with+their+college+logos+prior%2C+though+decorating+materials+were+available+at+the+event.+
Photos by Isabella Johnson
Students gather to hang pennants on the cafeteria wall. Seniors were asked to decorate their pennants with their college logos prior, though decorating materials were available at the event.

Seniors showed up to school on Friday with swag – literally. On April 30, seniors came into the cafeteria decked out in their college attire to show off the colleges they will be attending. S.G.A decorated the cafeteria, so students could enjoy donuts and hang up their college pennants as they celebrated the start of a new chapter in their lives.

Theatre senior Grace Johansson, sporting University of Florida gear, attaches her college pennant to the wall.
Theatre senior Amya Liburd, wearing Kent State University merchandise, gets a donut from a table set up in the cafeteria.
Left to right: Communications senior Caleb Harris, visual senior Kelly Barlett, visual senior Nicole Biclar, and digital media senior Milan Tangirala enjoy donuts from Jupiter Donuts while dressed in college “swag.” Harris said he is most looking forward to “meeting new people [and] having new experiences” and that he is “ready to take the next step.”
Dance senior Ashley Nazzar (right) poses with dance senior Katie Winslow. Nazzar said that she is most looking forward to moving to New York for college.
Seniors pose in front of the college pennant wall. Theatre senior Emma Troast (second to right) dressed in Stanford University merchandise said she is “looking forward to meeting new people and branching out of [her] comfort zone,” and “Stanford was always [her] dream school.”