PROM RECAP 2018

Strings+senior+Megan+Conrad%2C+communications+senior+Teah+Bejarano%2C+and+theatre+senior+Madison+Wood+all+crowd+together+to+sing+and+dance+to+the+music+played+by+the+DJ.+As+more+popular+songs+began+to+play%2C+students+got+up+from+their+seats+and+headed+to+the+dance+floor%2C+which+began+to+fill+up+quickly+as+the+night+persisted.+
Carleigh Dickinson
Strings senior Megan Conrad, communications senior Teah Bejarano, and theatre senior Madison Wood all crowd together to sing and dance to the music played by the DJ. As more popular songs began to play, students got up from their seats and headed to the dance floor, which began to fill up quickly as the night persisted.
  • Visual senior Jessica Gabbart and vocal junior Christian Arango dance together following their arrival in a limousine with their closest friends.Various other couples also enjoyed the night and can be seen dancing behind them, enjoying each other’s company much like Arango and Gabbart.

• Seniors and juniors of all majors hit the dance floor at the Palm Beach County Convention Center during Prom 2018. “Prom was a night full of dancing, smiles, and constant laughter,” dance senior Madison McCue said. “It was a vast room full of beautiful people who we surround ourselves with everyday, learning and growing together. To have this special night to remember forever with them meant the world to me.” Throughout the night, attendees were able to take “A Trip Around the World” as the decorations for the event incorporated travel-themed elements including hot air balloon centerpieces to represent a variety of vacation destinations.

• In a moment of excitement, band senior Allen Cadet and theatre senior Skylar Anthony are crowned the king and queen of Prom 2018. “As African-Americans, the two of us being crowned was insane because sometimes it feels like we aren’t represented enough in this school,”Anthony said. “The fact that people voted for us was truly amazing. If you voted for me, I love you so much.”

• Theatre junior Mason Taylor dance to the upbeat music of prom alongside fellow theatre junior Jaden Martinez and band senior Allen Cadet. Many people enjoyed all of the dancing and the atmosphere of Prom 2018, and some even thought that this year’s event was better than last year. “I went to prom last year so I wasn’t expecting anything much different this year, but there was a lot more people and the decorations were cute and it was more fun than last year,” visual senior Shelby Goldring said. The crowd circled around Taylor, Martinez, and Cadet as they continued to dance and keep the prom energy up throughout the night.

• A group of seniors, in an attempt to mock similar prom photos, pose for a picture without the company of their dates. The photo mimicked those of other attendees, who, while arriving to prom, captured their perfectly done makeup and hair that coincided with their dresses and tuxedos.

• Theatre senior Skylar Anthony sheds tears of joy as she is crowned the queen of Prom 2018. “Honestly, to be crowned prom queen was amazing,” Anthony said. “I wasn’t expecting it in the slightest bit. I didn’t even think I was going to be nominated let alone actually win, so to win was truly amazing. The fact that there was so many people behind me and supporting me meant the entire world.” Anthony sewed her prom dress in collaboration with her costume teacher over the course of a month and a half, and even continued making alterations on the day of the event.

• Band junior Mark Silver also makes his way out to the dance floor and showed off some of his moves as a crowd of Dreyfoos students watched and cheered. The energetic dancing at prom never wavered throughout the night, giving each attendee their money’s worth for the experience. “We danced and had fun anyways, especially since it was a hundred dollars for the ticket,” communications senior Amari Garcia said. Prom seemed to go by fast as the excitement continued throughout the night with the energetic crowd of students on the dance floor.

• Even though the night had a lot of upbeat music, the DJ also took the energy down a notch and made sure to include several slow songs the students. Communications junior Patricia Linquist and communications senior Emily Pacenti embraced each other for one of the few slow dances of the night. Everyone seemed to enjoy this portion of the night along with the party favors that went along with prom and the decor. “Usually the theme isn’t a huge deal to me, but I liked the decorations and the travel blanket was a really thoughtful gift. It tied in the theme and I know everytime I use it I’ll think of DSOA,” theatre senior Evan Kwon said. The travel blanket given out was gray with the DSOA logo featured towards the bottom in remembrance of the prom at Dreyfoos.