Grad Bash

Photo Courtesy of Jean-Pierre Cuestas
Gleinys Martinez, Camden LaParche, Lindsey Trinchet, Andrew Gonzalez, and Benjamin Showers

On May 7, the seniors that signed up for this year’s Grad Bash left for Universal Studios in Orlando, FL. Grad Bash is an event that happens at the end of each school year. At the event all graduating Florida seniors are invited to attend Universal Studios for one night. Universal is closed to the public making Grad Bash an exclusive event. The anticipation and excitement for this night was great. For many seniors, this is one of the last times to all be together

Chiu Cheng, Aaron Rivera, Benjamin Showers, Camden LaParche, Lindsey Trinchet, Andrew Gonzalez, Andrew Barrett, Jean-Pierre Cuestas, Gleinys Martinez enjoying the Revenge of the Mummy ride at Universal.

“I decided to participate in Grad bash because I wanted to do something memorable with my friends. Grad bash is a really great send-off for all the seniors because we can all have fun together one last time before College,” communications major Stella Vasilopoulos said.

The seniors went to school until 1 pm. At this time 6 buses left taking the students to Universal. They arrived at approximately 6pm. Because Dreyfoos was one of the first schools there, they had the park relatively to themselves for almost an hour.

The most popular rides were Hulk, Harry Potter World, and Dueling Dragons. After several hours the park was filled. One of the most anticipated parts of Grad Bash was Jason Derulo’s musical performance. Many students from various schools enjoyed the concert. The Dreyfoos seniors left the park at around 2 am and arrived back at school early that morning.