Dreyfoos on Ice
Dreyfoos on Ice
April 22, 2024

Parking Passes Becoming More Strictly Enforced

Students+without+2015-16+parking+passes+were+not+allowed+to+park+on+campus+on+Oct.+29.+As+they+pulled+onto+campus+they+were+instructed+to+turn+around+and+park+across+the+street+at+the+Red+Cross.+Administration+will+begin+stricter+implementation+of+the+parking+pass+policies.+
Photo by: Rowan Bennetti
Students without 2015-16 parking passes were not allowed to park on campus on Oct. 29. As they pulled onto campus they were instructed to turn around and park across the street at the Red Cross. Administration will begin stricter implementation of the parking pass policies.

For many weeks students were able to park on campus without worrying about having a parking pass because there was no real enforcement. Administration announced that there would be stricter parking pass enforcement beginning the week of Oct. 26. Parking passes are required because the school needs to have proof of a license and insurance for those who park on campus. Students who do not have a parking pass will be forced to park elsewhere until they purchase a pass.

“I never had time to go get one and they [administration] never seemed to care so I thought it didn’t matter,” band senior Marina Wendel said. “I have to park off campus for two days [while I get a parking pass] but I was going to get one eventually.”

Students’ cars were checked for a parking pass as they drove onto campus, and those without passes had to park at Red Cross across the street. Administration may start checking for passes everyday.

“Today we had the manpower [from more police officers on campus] to be able to do it [check the passes],” Assistant Principal Leo Barrett said.

$750
$10000

Daniel Montoya
Daniel Montoya, Sports Staffer
Communications senior Daniel Montoya is a third-year news staffer for The Muse. He’s been invested in journalism since middle school. Besides journalism, Montoya has an interest in 3D modeling and 3D printing. He is founder and president of the 3D printing club. When he is not writing for the Muse, modeling on the computer or studying for his exams, Montoya can be found sleeping or staying up late doing homework. In addition to working for The Muse, Montoya’s also has a passion for soccer. He has been playing since he was little and has been on the Dreyfoos varsity soccer team and hopes to continue in his college career. Montoya is a member of the varsity cross country and track and field team, and is also a member of Spanish Honor Society and president of A.R.T.S. club.
$750
$10000