• April 15Intent to Run Info Meeting on April 18th at 11:19 a.m. in Meyer Hall

Dreyfoos’ 25th Birthday

%28L-R%29+Dance+junior+Makia+Bogle%2C+theatre+junior+Regine+Joseph%2C+theatre+junior+Tiffani+Singleton%2C+theatre+junior+Brittany+Seville%2C+theatre+junior+Nia+Bourne+and+theatre+junior+Michelle+Shannon+look+over+old+Marquee+yearbooks+during+lunch+on+Dreyfoos+Day%2C+Aug.+27.+
Jade Lenkensdorf
(L-R) Dance junior Makia Bogle, theatre junior Regine Joseph, theatre junior Tiffani Singleton, theatre junior Brittany Seville, theatre junior Nia Bourne and theatre junior Michelle Shannon look over old Marquee yearbooks during lunch on Dreyfoos Day, Aug. 27.

Hundreds of students danced in the cafeteria while music played to celebrate Dreyfoos’ 25th birthday. In 1990 the school was founded on the principle of having the best arts and magnet program in Palm Beach County and today Dreyfoos prides itself on being a nationally ranked high school as well as number one in the county in arts and academics.

The celebration on Aug. 27 was just one event to help commemorate the 25th anniversary of Dreyfoos. The School of the Arts Foundation (SOAFI) held a luncheon for teachers who had been working at the school for 25 years on Aug. 26.

“This is a huge occasion for Dreyfoos,” Kris Lidinsky, executive director for SOAFI said. “We wanted to start off [Dreyfoos’] birthday with a bang.”

For the big celebration, the foundation brought in Rita’s ice cream, which was free for students. The jazz band played through the beginning of the event and later theatre teacher Bradley Barfield took over the musical reigns playing throwback music. Towards the end of the event, students and faculty were dancing to the beat, celebrating Dreyfoos.

“It’s something different,” communications freshman Danielle Gerlach said. “At most high schools you would not get this. It’s kinda cool how this school goes out to celebrate.”

The foundation has planned more events in the coming months.

“In addition to #DreyfoosDay, we are also getting alumni to perform at the 25th Anniversary Gala on Feb. 26 [2016],” Lidinsky said. “[There will] be lots of great things to come.”

$750
$10000

Daniel Montoya
Daniel Montoya, Sports Staffer
Communications senior Daniel Montoya is a third-year news staffer for The Muse. He’s been invested in journalism since middle school. Besides journalism, Montoya has an interest in 3D modeling and 3D printing. He is founder and president of the 3D printing club. When he is not writing for the Muse, modeling on the computer or studying for his exams, Montoya can be found sleeping or staying up late doing homework. In addition to working for The Muse, Montoya’s also has a passion for soccer. He has been playing since he was little and has been on the Dreyfoos varsity soccer team and hopes to continue in his college career. Montoya is a member of the varsity cross country and track and field team, and is also a member of Spanish Honor Society and president of A.R.T.S. club.
$750
$10000