• April 29Seeds Open Mic Night on May 3 at 4 p.m. in Grandview Public Market
  • April 29AICE English Language Exam on May 3 at 8 a.m.
  • April 29Orchestra Concert on May 2 at 6:30 p.m. in Meyer Hall
  • April 29US History EOC on May 2 at the Gym and Media Center at 8 a.m.
  • April 29SGA Officer Elections Online on May 2-3
  • April 29BSU Block Party on May 1 at 11:19 a.m. in the cafeteria
  • April 29Spring into College Series on May 1 at 11:19 a.m. in room 1-401
  • April 29Aice English General Paper Exam on May 1 at 8 a.m.
  • April 29Decisions and Donuts on May 1 at 7:45 a.m. in the Cafeteria
  • April 29Slam Poetry EOY Banquet on April 30 at 4 p.m. at City Pizza

Dreyfoos on Ice
Dreyfoos on Ice
April 22, 2024

Remembering Eric Miessau

Band+alumnus+Eric+Miessau+%28second+from+left%29+poses+with+his+friends+during+their+senior+pep+rally+in+2012.+
Photo courtesy of Joey Parrella
Band alumnus Eric Miessau (second from left) poses with his friends during their senior pep rally in 2012.

The Dreyfoos family experienced a loss this weekend when band alumnus Eric Miessau passed away in a car accident. According to News Press, he was driving north on Three Oaks Parkway when his car drifted left into the median and struck a tree around 3 a.m. on July 19. Miessau graduated in 2012. After graduating, he studied golf management at Florida Gulf Coast University,

Miessau’s family, friends and classmates have been sharing photos and stories on social media to remember him.

“He was a kind, loving and thoughtful young man who had a smile on his face all the time, had a kind word for everyone and was truly inspirational,” communications alumnus Hugh Dunkley, Jr. said. “I looked up to him, and am proud to have shared a math class with Eric.”

Outside of the classroom, Miessau continued to inspire his peers.

“One of my fondest memories of Eric is when he took me to a shooting range to shoot arrows. I [had] never picked up a bow before that moment, but he pushed me to try something new and taught [it to] me,” dance alumna Jasmin Consuegra said. “He was always that kind of person; adventurous, relaxed and just happy all the time.”

Miessau’s closer friends describe him as an irreplaceable part of their group.

“If there [is] any relation I can give about Eric, it’s that he was a calm ocean in a sea of storms. He always avoided fights and brought our group of friends together,” piano alumnus Danny Navarro said. “He was a true friend, those are hard to come by nowadays.”

Not only was Miessau a true friend, but he was also a genuine person.

“Eric was the guy who was great at everything he did and at the same time one of the most humble friends I’ve ever had,” said visual alumnus Joey Parrella.

Miessau’s infectious charisma and unique personality will be remembered most.

“You always felt special talking to him,” theatre alumna Molly Block said. “He had that aura about him. He was just absolutely beautiful.”

$750
$10000

Starr Courakos
Starr Courakos, Managing Editor
Starr Courakos is the Managing Editor of The Muse. She is very excited to be overseeing the production and execution of the newsmagazine. She will continue to edit stories, while also budgeting out each page of the Muse, complete with ads and dividers. While bringing an open mind to the publication, she hopes to see the Muse grow and be a part in its development. By collaborating with writers and editors from all sections, this year Starr looks forward to expanding her knowledge of design and editing and create a publication that students and adults alike look forward to reading.
$750
$10000