• April 15Incent to Run Info Meeting on April 18th at 11:19 a.m. in Meyer Hall

Small Tall Studios makes it big

Photo courtesy of Lucie Evans

Communications freshmen Matt Nadel and theatre freshman Lucie Rhodes Evans have taken their passion for TV Production to new heights. Along with Taylor Blackwell, a previous theatre major, they spend their free time filming commercials for companies.

“I’ve always been interested in film, and just making videos,” Nadel said. “Whenever I was bored as a kid I would just make videos or take photos at home.”

This past summer, Nadel attended a film program at NYU. It gave him insight and expertise regarding how to shoot commercials and even deal with clients.

“It was such a great experience,” Nadel said. “I wouldn’t be able to do the things I’m doing now without all the skills I learned from [the NYU summer program].”

Nadel had his own company called Metis Studios. After learning that two of his friends, Evans and Blackwell, had their own company called Small Tall Studios, the three joined together. Currently, their joint company has had success and they plan to only move forward from here. Now, their joint company has kept the name  Small Tall Studios.

“We all do different things for our company, but we really bring each other together” Evans said.

She explained that she was mostly a producer for the company. She assembles funds and deals with the actors in each commercial. Nadel is best at physically shooting the commercials and editing them, while Blackwell creates storyboards and promotes their company.

The three connected when they collaborated on a music video. It was for the song “Give Me Love” by Ed Sheeran. They found out that they all had an appreciation for film. Their different styles worked really well together.

During the production of one of their most recent commercials, the company recruited theatre freshman Arel Sinnet. He helped with providing comedy for the commercial through scriptwriting.

Commercials that have been produced include smart phone apps called VBukit and Library of Classics. VBukit is used to scan QR codes to transfer information from your phone to any other device. Library of Classics is an app that allows you to listen to hundreds of books straight from the app, like an Mp3 player. Both apps are available for the iPhone and Android.

The commercials range from 30 seconds to 2 minutes seconds long. They have both aired online, and the Library of Classics commercial is pending for television. They also have many commercials lined up in the future, including more for Library of Classic plus one for a medical practice in Royal Palm.

The groups plans to continue their work in the future and are excited that they are able to pursue their goals at such a young age, and point the camera in the direction of their futures.

$750
$10000

Starr Courakos
Starr Courakos, Managing Editor
Starr Courakos is the Managing Editor of The Muse. She is very excited to be overseeing the production and execution of the newsmagazine. She will continue to edit stories, while also budgeting out each page of the Muse, complete with ads and dividers. While bringing an open mind to the publication, she hopes to see the Muse grow and be a part in its development. By collaborating with writers and editors from all sections, this year Starr looks forward to expanding her knowledge of design and editing and create a publication that students and adults alike look forward to reading.
$750
$10000