• March 27No School because of Good Friday on 3/29/24
  • March 27No School on 3/25/24
  • March 27Asian Cultural Society Holi Holiday on 3/28/24 at 11:19 a.m. at the Blue Tables Outside Cafeteria
  • March 27Scholarship Night on 3/27/24 at 6 p.m. in Meyer Hall
  • March 27Dual Enrollment Meeting on 3/27/24 at 11:19 a.m. in the Cafeteria

Hola, Nihao, Hello, Shalom
Hola, Nihao, Hello, Shalom
Vocal sophomore Levi Cowen plays the drums during the sophomores’ Battle of the Bands rehearsal. The sophomores had to perform songs from the techno genre.
Jamming to Win

‘The Book of Mormon’ Review

Graphic by Jack Yan
“The Book of Mormon” is a satirical play about Mormon missionaries in Uganda.

Ripping its way across headlines since 2011, “The Book of Mormon” is a satirical musical about the Mormon faith and missionary. Created by esteemed writers, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, who are also the writers of “South Park”, “The Book of Mormon” takes a funny and slightly offensive view of Mormonism.

“The Book of Mormon” is rapidly paced with memorable musical numbers sparse with short scenes to carry the plot. The story includes themes about faith and friendship.

The story begins with training for Mormon missionaries. Elder Price is the ideal missionary while Elder Cunningham is comical at best. The two elders are assigned together in Uganda, the least productive mission where they have recorded no baptisms. Upon arriving, they encounter the local village is tyrannized by a military general. The two elders try their best to accomplish their mission and obtain conversions, hilarity ensues.

The show is being shown at the Kennedy Center in DC from June 16 to Aug. 16. Some of the actors were in the original cast. The show is a great laugh with an interesting plot. It was fairly accurate in representing certain parts of the Mormon faith. However, it did satirize other parts of it. Obscure references are littered throughout the show. All the musical numbers were extremely memorable and a fun listen even outside the show.

$450
$10000

About the Contributors
Michael Wang, Opinion Editor
Communications senior Michael Wang is the Opinion Editor of The Muse. He loves journalism and appreciates the power it can have on people. Wang loves writing because it makes people think, but his favorite part about it is when the computer crashes. Outside of The Muse, he is the president of the Speech and Debate Team and the Math Honor Society.
Jack Yan, News Editor
Communications senior Jack Yan is a third-year staffer and the News Editor on The Muse. He not only writes the news but has an unhealthy obsession with reading it; but he aspires in life to do more than read or write the news, he wants to be in the news. He is actively involved in his school and his community. For example, Yan is the current Co-President of the Dreyfoos SGA, interns at Harrington Law Associates, an international law firm based in South Florida, and serves on the West Palm Beach Education Advisory Committee for the Mayor of West Palm. In addition, he is Co-Captain of the Speech and Debate team where he has won local, state, and national awards. Most importantly, however, Yan loves puppies, kittens, colorful socks, dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets, and pancakes.
$450
$10000