• April 15Incent to Run Info Meeting on April 18th at 11:19 a.m. in Meyer Hall

Spirit Week Day 2: Class Clique Day

The second day of Spirit Week, Class Clique Day, had students impersonating high school stereotypes on Jan. 26. Freshmen were nerds, sophomores were preps, juniors were jocks and cheerleaders, and seniors were rebellious youth.

Multiple field events were held where each class competed for points to win Spirit Week. The events included Human Hungry, Hungry Hippos, a Three-Legged Race, a 50 yard dash, a Potato Sack Race, and Tug-of-War. Notably, the sophomores won Tug-of-War, getting redemption against the seniors after a loss last year.

“We had a well balanced team. I felt that we wanted to win, more so, than any other class. We beat the juniors last year and we still believe that we beat the seniors as well last year but they said we lost so we went with it even though it made us upset,” band sophomore and member of the Tug-of-War team Kaleb Marshall said, “So this year we had a huddle before the Tug-of-War match and we said we’re winning no matter the cost. We weren’t losing to the seniors again.”

• Strings junior Sarah King (left) and dance junior Jordan Wohl laugh in celebration after winning Human Hungry, Hungry Hippos, a new addition to Spirit Week Field events.

• Working together, communications sophomore Shane McVan (top) and visual sophomore Nadid Cruz compete in Human Hungry, Hungry Hippos. Each team attempted to gather as many colored balls as possible, similar to the popular tabletop game.

• Competing in Tug-of-War, strings junior Andrew Barrett (L-R), band junior Derrek Brown, and strings junior Camdem Laparche attempt to win points for the junior class.

• Straining in effort, visual sophomore Dalton Nellegar (left) and strings sophomore Dillon McCormick compete in tug-of-war. The sophomore class, in an upset, ultimately emerged victorious in the event.

• Representing the seniors, vocal senior Chelsea Vincent (left) and band senior Tyren Woods dress as rebellious youth to win tickets for the senior class.

The results of the events are as follows:

Human Hungry, Hungry Hippos:

1-Juniors

2-Sophomores

Tied for 4-Seniors and Freshmen

Three-Legged Race

1-Sophomores

2-Juniors

3-Freshmen

4-Seniors

50 Yard Dash

1-Seniors

2-Sophomores

3-Juniors

4-Freshmen

Potato Sack Race

1-Seniors

2-Juniors

3-Sophomores

4-Freshmen

Tug-of-War

1-Sophomores

2-Seniors

3-Juniors

4-Freshmen

The final point standings as of today are as follows:

Seniors: 306 tickets, 17 points

Juniors: 243 tickets, 18 points

Sophomores: 300 tickets, 18 points

Freshmen: 57 tickets, 8 points