• April 29Seeds Open Mic Night on May 3 at 4 p.m. in Grandview Public Market
  • April 29AICE English Language Exam on May 3 at 8 a.m.
  • April 29Orchestra Concert on May 2 at 6:30 p.m. in Meyer Hall
  • April 29US History EOC on May 2 at the Gym and Media Center at 8 a.m.
  • April 29SGA Officer Elections Online on May 2-3
  • April 29BSU Block Party on May 1 at 11:19 a.m. in the cafeteria
  • April 29Spring into College Series on May 1 at 11:19 a.m. in room 1-401
  • April 29Aice English General Paper Exam on May 1 at 8 a.m.
  • April 29Decisions and Donuts on May 1 at 7:45 a.m. in the Cafeteria
  • April 29Slam Poetry EOY Banquet on April 30 at 4 p.m. at City Pizza

Looking towards the audience, Ben Krieger sing his original song “Burden On Me” during his set at Sunfest.
'Me, My Guitar, and My Notebook': Ben Krieger performs at SunFest
May 20, 2024
Yelling into his microphone, country musician Noah Hunton performs at SunFest as part of his mini south-Floridian tour, across venues from West Palm Beach to Key West.
Tuning Up SunFest
May 8, 2024

A World of Talent

Students showcased their cultures and abilities in the Multicultural Show
Caitlin Villacrusis
Communications junior Sanjana Gupta, strings junior Raveena Cherry, and band junior Nihar Bhavsar perform a Bollywood dance in the Multicultural Show. “I felt really excited. It was really nice for us to perform together.” Gupta said. “It was really fun to just have the band back together and perform our little routine for everybody. I feel like it put smiles on everybody’s faces and we were just so happy to perform.”

From traditional dances to modern music and original poetry, the annual Multicultural Show displayed students’ cultures, representing multiple races, ethnicities, and religions. Students and staff performed during school after the Pep Rally on March 16 and again after school on March 30.

English teacher Nieves Lopez and presidents of cultural clubs, including the Asian Cultural Society, the Black Student Union, the Jewish Student Union, and the Latin Hispanic Heritage Club, organized the event. Although the show has been a yearly tradition, this year was the first time an out-of-school show took place. For those unable to watch the show during school, both students and parents had an opportunity to see it on March 30 for a $5 fee.