Have a little fun on top!

FLVS teacher launches ice-cream inspired clothing line.

“What could be more fun than doing something you love?”

The official website for Toppings, the newest Dreyfoos-based fashion line, claims that the answer is “turning what you love, into a brand and a lifestyle.”

Toppings, created by the new Dreyfoos FLVS proctor Noah Jacob, is the first Dreyfoos-based brand to be started by a teacher. With the help of his brother Ian, a graphic designer, Jacob decided he wanted to add his own contribution to the fashion world and started working on the brand back in August.

“I wanted to make fun, different clothes that everyone can wear,” Jacob said. “Everybody loves ice cream. Toppings are what make ice cream fun and unique and its also another word for shirts.”

Jacob wishes to see the brand grow successful with young people and hopefully one

day open up a stand-alone shop. The shop, he says, would look like a regular ice cream store with a twist: the glass containers would store shirts instead of ice cream. Jacob’s main inspiration behind this brand is another dessert-related clothing line, Johnny Cupcakes.

Students are beginning to show interest in the brand’s designs, due to many taking FLVS in school and spreading the word.

“I think it’s pretty dope,” theatre senior Jack Levin said. “I respect how he is out there hustling and pursuing his dream.”

Certain students also identify with Jacob’s launching of the line, as many try to create brands in high school.

“Branding yourself is more than graphics or texturing, it’s all about connections,” strings sophomore Mateo Dorado said.

Dorado, who works for another up-and-coming brand, Louvré Visuals knows what it is like to start a clothing line.

“For example, I know he gets his shirts hand-printed by a friend of his. You need to learn to connect yourself and work well with every branch of art that relates to your work.”

Check out www.toppingsbrand.com for more information and to purchase some of the designs.

$750
$10000

Juan Ramirez
Juan Ramirez, Website Managing Editor
Juan A. Ramirez is currently in his second year on The Muse. After a year working as an Entertainment staffer, Juan is now Head Columnist for the Op/Ed section, as well as Website Managing Editor. An avid writer, Ramirez is excited to have the opportunity to write as much as possible about a broad variety of topics, from both an unbiased news perspective and a more personal point of view. He will continue writing reviews of films, concerts and all other aspects of pop culture, as it remains his passion. Born in Caracas, Venezuela and moving to Florida in 2005, Ramirez has shown an interest in the arts from an early age. Also an avid student of film, Ramirez has been steadily enrolled in film classes since first offered to him. He hopes to become some sort of film/arts critic in the future or, if lucky, host a review show.
$750
$10000