• April 8Grad Bash April 12th at 1 p.m. in Universal Studios Orlando
  • April 8No School on April 10th
  • April 8Juniors Rising Seniors Photographs on April 8th and 9th during Language Arts class in the Media Center
  • April 8Pops Concert on April 9th at 6:30 p.m. in Meyer Hall

Hola, Nihao, Hello, Shalom
Hola, Nihao, Hello, Shalom
Vocal sophomore Levi Cowen plays the drums during the sophomores’ Battle of the Bands rehearsal. The sophomores had to perform songs from the techno genre.
Jamming to Win

[BRIEF] One for the History Books: NHHS is Back in Action

National History Honor Society hosted their induction this week
Natalie Ryder
Introducing the officers of National History Honor Society, vocal senior and NHHS President Francesca Moore prepares to induct 64 new members into NHHS.

Juniors and seniors gathered in the Media Center filled with donated treats for the National History Honor Society (NHHS) induction on Dec. 15. The main goal of NHHS is to bring teachers and students together that have a shared passion for history, allowing them to learn from each other’s experiences, ideas, and stories, as stated on the National History Club website. 

“It’s really cool to have the honor society be successful, especially after a year like last year where a lot of people weren’t super involved with stuff,” vocal senior and NHHS President Francesca Moore said. “It’s cool to have a lot of people interested and passionate about history like me, so I was happy to see a bunch of people being inducted.”

During the induction ceremony, the honor society’s officers introduced themselves and the inductees watched a brief video about the history of New Year’s. Moore read off the names of the students being inducted and applause from new and returning members followed.