• March 27No School because of Good Friday on 3/29/24
  • March 27No School on 3/25/24
  • March 27Asian Cultural Society Holi Holiday on 3/28/24 at 11:19 a.m. at the Blue Tables Outside Cafeteria
  • March 27Scholarship Night on 3/27/24 at 6 p.m. in Meyer Hall
  • March 27Dual Enrollment Meeting on 3/27/24 at 11:19 a.m. in the Cafeteria

Hola, Nihao, Hello, Shalom
Hola, Nihao, Hello, Shalom
Vocal sophomore Levi Cowen plays the drums during the sophomores’ Battle of the Bands rehearsal. The sophomores had to perform songs from the techno genre.
Jamming to Win

I Survived the Second Quarter at Dreyfoos: Photos in Review

An overview of the second nine weeks
Lexi Critchett

Over the past nine weeks, our campus saw sword fights on stage, white paint on the buildings, and teachers wrapped in toilet paper. Amid the testing and holidays, the annual Prism concert, visual showcases, and “magical” events, there was not a shortage of stories. 

Throughout the quarter, these moments around our community showed the spirit of students.  

Featuring sword fighting sequences and special dog appearances, “Shakespeare in Love” followed the tumultuous fictional love life of struggling playwright William Shakespeare as he falls for a young female aristocrat who serves as his inspiration for a new play — and plays its male lead. Directed by theatre teacher Kristina Leljedal, the show required months of preparation to perfect everything from the numerous quick changes to the characters’ personalities before the Oct. 28 opening. “I don’t think I’ve embraced Shakespeare as much as I’ve let the character embrace me,” said theatre junior Von Markarian, who played William Shakespeare. “There’s a lot of room to experiment and make discoveries about my character and my relationship with my scene partner that I otherwise would have been apprehensive to make.”

From Nov. 11-13, the dance department held their fall dance concert, “Unity.” Many different genres of dance were included as well as performances from each grade level. “My favorite part was definitely performing on opening night for all my friends and family,” dance junior Gabriella Tatum said. “During the performance I felt very excited and grateful to be able to perform and show all our dances that we worked so hard at.”

The annual Prism concert took place on Dec. 6 at the Kravis Center where music students collaborated to display the various departments within the art area. Students were able to attend the show during the school day and a show for family and friends took place in the afternoon. “During the performance I was definitely less nervous than I had anticipated,” piano junior Isabella Bernal said. “I started learning a lot of my music in August, so I was really prepared which helped me feel more secure with myself.”