Jags Take on Jupiter: Boys Soccer Photo Recap

Boys soccer loses third game of the season against Jupiter High, 0-3

Katie Davis, Print Managing Editor

Katie Davis
Visual junior Sebastian Villar, digital senior Thomas Ashley, band junior Makens Joseph, and vocal junior Matthew Stenberg form a wall to block a penalty kick from the other team. (Katie Davis)
Visual senior Will Dhana walks towards the goal, watching the game in case the opposing team tries to score. Dhana played keeper in the game and was responsible for preventing the Jupiter team from scoring goals. “The hardest thing about playing keeper is the self-inflicted injuries,” Dhana said. “It’s extremely easy to get in and come out in a lot of pain.” (Katie Davis)
The boys varsity soccer team huddles around coach Thomas Ruth to discuss their strategy for upcoming plays. Piano junior and right midfielder Sahil Bhandary noticed a recurring pattern in the team’s performance. “A lot of times we aren’t connecting well. I feel like we need to focus more on our plays and on driving through the ball,” he said. “Our work-rate was good in the beginning, but we still need to condition a bit more because we’re getting tired at the end of the game. We can definitely improve.” (Katie Davis)
Katie Davis
Sitting on the sidelines, members of the team watch their teammates play and prepare to step in if needed. Digital senior Felipe Obando acknowledged his relationships with his teammates when asked how he thought the game went. “We have a good defense,” Obando said. “ Nick [Vogel] and Matt [Stenberg] really work hard, and Thomas [Ashley] works really hard too to keep up the team, but we just need to connect as a team and have more chemistry.” (Katie Davis)
Katie Davis
Katie Davis
Katie Davis
Katie Davis
Visual senior and goalie Will Dhana blocks their opponent from scoring a goal.The boys soccer team lost their game on Nov. 19 against Jupiter Community High School by a score of 3-0. This was their third official game of the season after a preseason game against Somerset Academy Canyons and two other in-season games. (Katie Davis)