• April 15Intent to Run Info Meeting on April 18th at 11:19 a.m. in Meyer Hall

BASKETBALL SENIOR NIGHT: PHOTO GALLERY

Haley Johnston
(Players from left to right: visual senior Lance Carter, vocal senior Jaylen Thompson, visual senior Nickolas Pressoir, and strings senior Alan Le) The seniors of the basketball team stand with parents at their last home game of the year on Jan. 24. Basketball coach and math teacher Matthew Vaughan (far right) smiles as he looks back on the growth of the team this season. “This is my first year coaching [the basketball team], so I had to earn their trust. But after our first win, things started to click with the team,” Vaughan said. “Every time we played [a team] for the second time this year, we have come back and done leaps and bounds better.”
  • As he is escorted across the court, visual senior Lance Carter smiles as he looks to his fellow seniors. During the past four years, Carter feels he has grown as a player and as a person. “I learned the value of having patience and integrity with my coach and teammates,” Carter said.

• Basketball team Co-Captain and vocal senior Jaylen Thompson reflects on the past four years, reminiscing on the seasons. “[I will miss] all of the far away games because the drive is fun. We crack jokes with each other,” Thompson said. Walking side by side with his family, he joins the other seniors at half court.

• Visual senior Lance Carter holds the ball in both hands as he scans the court for an open player. Looking back on his last home game and Senior Night, Carter believes the underclassmen will thrive next year, but not without hard work. “You need discipline, hustle, and ambition,” Carter said. “Coach wants a hustling player more than a skilled player.”

• Basketball team Co-Captain and digital media junior Caleb Holzhauer reads the names of the seniors listed in front of him. Being a rising senior, Holzhauer anticipates next year having “a fresh start where [the team] can have a winning record and another memorable season.”

• (Players from left to right: visual senior Lance Carter, vocal senior Jaylen Thompson, visual senior Nickolas Pressoir, and strings senior Alan Le) The seniors of the basketball team stand with parents at their last home game of the year on Jan. 24. Basketball coach and math teacher Matthew Vaughan (far right) smiles as he looks back on the growth of the team this season. “This is my first year coaching [the basketball team], so I had to earn their trust. But after our first win, things started to click with the team,” Vaughan said. “Every time we played [a team] for the second time this year, we have come back and done leaps and bounds better.”