• April 15Intent to Run Info Meeting on April 18th at 11:19 a.m. in Meyer Hall

Fantasy Football Fillers Week 7

Photo by Alana Gomez

This week in the NFL, six teams are on their bye week. This means getting good replacement players and using the waivers will be critical to maintain success. Below is a list of sleepers and busts for the upcoming week of football.

Sleepers:

Carson Palmer:

The Arizona Cardinals are coming off a sluggish performance against the Seattle Seahawks that resulted in a tie for each team. With the Cardinals needing wins, and David Johnson continuously performing at a high level, look for Palmer’s game to steadily improve. He has multiple targets in wide receivers Larry Fitzgerald, John Brown, and Michael Floyd. Make sure to claim Palmer off the waivers as he becomes a must start this week against a shaky Carolina Panther defense.

Devontae Booker:

Booker was already involved in the Denver Broncos offense while starting running back CJ Anderson was healthy. Now, with Anderson out for multiple weeks, Booker has the opportunity to take over, and prove his highly noted athleticism and skill. Be sure to pick up Booker in any league he is available in.

Dez Bryant:

Bryant has always been a huge target to criticize, compliment, or simply talk about. This year, he’s been under heavy scrutiny for showing up late to meetings and under performing during games. However, now that Bryant is fully healthy, he is ready to bring his explosive talent to the Dallas Cowboys receiving core. Look for Dez to have a big week this week against a solid Philadelphia Eagle defense.

Busts:

Kyle Rudolph

Minnesota Vikings tight end Rudolph started off the season strong, and was consistently the highest targeted player on the Vikings. As weeks have progressed, Rudolph’s production has slowly decreased. Beware of Rudolph this week and look for other options along the waiver wire.

Cam Newton

Newton has been under siege in terms of sacks this season. It doesn’t get any easier for the Carolina Panther quarterback as he has to play a strong and fast Arizona Cardinal defense. Though Newton is often times an explosive fantasy player, be wary of his performance this week against the Cardinals.

Mike Gillislee

Buffalo Bills running back Gillislee is either a swing or a miss. With Bills coach Rex Ryan as unpredictable as always, there is no guarantee that Gillislee will get the starting role over Lesean Mccoy who is facing a hamstring injury. Reggie Bush is also a factor who will take carries away from whoever will be starting. Avoid Gillislee this week as the unpredictable factor makes him a dangerous play.