First Swim Meet Results

Photo courtesy of Dalton Taylor
Competing swimmers ready themselves for the start of the girls 200-meter individual medley in the first swim meet of the season on Friday, Aug. 26.

On Aug. 26, the girls and boys swim teams had their first meet at Lake Lytal Park. Both teams won their matches against Forest Hill High School, Olympic Heights High School, and John I Leonard High School. The only loss suffered for the boys and girls teams was against Park Vista High School.

Dreyfoos placed first in the A team of the girls 200-yard relay, which consists of dance senior Jordan Wohl, communications senior Summer Piendle, vocal junior Isabella Fine, and visual sophomore Nina Zaremba. Other Dreyfoos athletes who placed first were communications junior Vanessa Ritota in the 50-yard freestyle, and band junior William Kennedy in the 100-yard backstroke.

“I was very nervous going into [the meet] and getting ready for my heat,” Ritota said. “Once I jumped off that block, it felt like no time had passed since I last swam [and that] swimming is my second nature.”

The swim team’s next meet will be on Thursday, Sept. 1 at Dreyfoos’ home pool, Gaines Park, at 4 p.m. The boys and girls swim team’s current record is 3-1.