• April 15Incent to Run Info Meeting on April 18th at 11:19 a.m. in Meyer Hall

Soccer and Sashes: Girls and Boys Soccer Team Celebrate the Season

The Dreyfoos Girls and Boys soccer team came together to celebrate their annual senior night on January 18th against Seminole Ridge.
Isabella Johnson

Pre-Game Positioning 

Visual senior Amber Hansen warms up for the Jan.18 game against Seminole Ridge by passing the ball and practicing quick touches. The girls soccer team started the evening with a 6 p.m. game and shared their postgame ceremony with the boys, who played Seminole Ridge at 8 p.m. (Isabella Johnson)
To celebrate the seniors’ big night, teammates, friends, and loved ones created posters for the players to showcase while walking across the field. Visual senior William Dhana’s sister Lauren Dhana created a poster to cheer on her brother. The tradition of the senior night walk celebrates their dedication to their sport and is a milestone for the athletes as they transition into a life outside of highschool. (Isabella Johnson)

The Ceremony 

Communications senior Sam Cohen relieves her pressure as she runs through a “tunnel” made by teammates after tying the Seminole Ridge game 0-0. During the “tunnel run,” seniors’ names were announced, along with their favorite memories, achievements, and hopes for the future. Cohen is a four-year member of the team. (Isabella Johnson)
(Left to Right) Wearing tiaras and sashes given to them by fellow teammates and Coach Theresa Beermann, theatre senior Grace Trainor, communications senior Sam Cohen, digital media seniors Emma Hambrecht and Hunter Beattie, and visual senior Amber Hansen pose for a photo. (Isabella Johnson)
Theater senior Grace Trainor hugs her mom, Vicky Trainor, after her announcement and walks past her teammates. Trainor said her favorite memories of being on the team were the rained-out practice days when the team would play Just Dance in the media center as a bonding exercise. (Isabella Johnson)

The Boys’ Game Begins 

Band senior Jonathan Tordi and his mom receive pats on the back and high fives from his teammates as he celebrates his accomplishments over his four years on the boys soccer team. (Isabella Johnson)
Members of the boys soccer team position themselves alongside Coach Thomas Ruth before the game against Seminole Ridge. (Isabella Johnson)
Digital senior Thomas Ashley takes on an opposing player while he looks for an open teammate to pass to. (Isabella Johnson)
Vocal junior Matthew Stenberg strikes the ball toward goal as other players watch on, preparing to follow the ball for possible rebounds. Stenberg scored two goals by the end of the game, contributing to the final score of 4-2 for Seminole Ridge. (Isabella Johnson)