• April 8Grad Bash April 12th at 1 p.m. in Universal Studios Orlando
  • April 8No School on April 10th
  • April 8Juniors Rising Seniors Photographs on April 8th and 9th during Language Arts class in the Media Center
  • April 8Pops Concert on April 9th at 6:30 p.m. in Meyer Hall

Hola, Nihao, Hello, Shalom
Hola, Nihao, Hello, Shalom
Vocal sophomore Levi Cowen plays the drums during the sophomores’ Battle of the Bands rehearsal. The sophomores had to perform songs from the techno genre.
Jamming to Win

[BRIEF] Vocal Potluck Offers Cuisine and Community

Vocal department members gather to eat, learn, and bond
After+announcing+their+names+and+roles%2C+vocal+department+officers+ran+to+the+front+row%2C+and+the+vocal+students+gathered+for+a+group+photo.+
Caitlin Villacrusis
After announcing their names and roles, vocal department officers ran to the front row, and the vocal students gathered for a group photo.

Vocal students and their families filled the cafeteria for the first Vocal Potluck since 2019. During the potluck on Aug. 29, students and parents chose from a variety of foods, drinks, and desserts brought in by families. After they ate, vocal director Kent Taylor announced the freshman and senior “buddy” pairings, a tradition that allows new students to connect with upperclassmen and gain insight into the department. 

Parents met with Mr. Taylor in the chorus room to discuss the vocal program and the concert schedule. Meanwhile, on the soccer field, students played games such as Sharks and Minnows and talked to one another. 

“I feel like the potluck benefits the vocal majors because it brings everyone together, and we’re all like one big family,” vocal sophomore Maria Clara Da Fonseca said. “It unites us.”

• Seniors are the first to fill up their plates before the “buddy” pairs announcement.

• Classmates cheer and clap as vocal freshman Nelia Bhagwandeen and vocal senior Yolanda Santana hug before Santana passes down a gift.

• Vocal freshman Daniel Jones gasps after getting out during one of the field games.