Dreyfoos on Ice
Dreyfoos on Ice
April 22, 2024

[BRIEF] Blast to the Past

Students caught a glimpse of four different time periods through today’s Spirit Week theme, Generations Day
Natalie Ryder

Students caught a glimpse of four different time periods through today’s Spirit Week theme, Generations Day. 

Students showed up to school in neon bodysuits, flared jeans, and polka dots to represent the ‘50s, ‘60s, ‘70s, and ‘80s. Teachers wore outfits from their high school years. 

Each grade level performed their choreographed Generations Day dance during lunch in the Gym. Freshmen danced to ‘50s tunes, sophomores to ‘60s jazz, juniors to ‘70s disco, and seniors to ‘80s dance music.

Dance freshman Emma Elder said, “I loved how when we performed we were supported by all grades. I honestly loved (Generations Day) because, unlike other schools, everybody participated. Nobody felt embarrassed or awkward when dressing up.”

Seniors take the lead with 1007 dress up points, then the freshmen with 921 points, sophomores with 827 points, and juniors with 779 points. 

Tomorrow’s dress-up theme is holidays. Freshmen will dress for the Fourth of July, sophomores for St. Patrick’s Day, juniors for Valentine’s Day, and seniors for New Year’s Eve. During their second period, students will be dismissed from their classes for the Lip Dub.