Art Palm Beach Poster Competition

Back to Article
Back to Article

Art Palm Beach Poster Competition

Poster submissions from digital and visual students for the ArtPalmBeach poster contest. The winning poster will be published in the January 2016 issue of PureHoney

Screenshot from Arts Palm Beach

Screenshot from Arts Palm Beach

Screenshot from Arts Palm Beach

Noa Kroyter, Features Staffer

Art Palm Beach (APB) is an organization that hosts annual exhibits featuring modern pieces of artwork created by the Palm Beaches’ most talented artists. According to its website, it is the 19th year of Palm Beach County’s “longest running fair dedicated to contemporary, emerging, and modern master works of art.” Along with the promotion for their art fair, APB is holding a poster contest, open to students from Dreyfoos as well as Palm Beach State College.

After the works were submitted, the top 10 students from each school had their pieces chosen for the voting process, which is open to the public. APB then offers rewards from the top voted student from each school.

“If you win the contest [for your school], your piece gets advertised with APB and gets published in a magazine called Pure Honey,” digital junior Marina Dietrich said.

Pure Honey is a free print and online magazine dedicated to showcasing modern and local musicians and art. The winning posters that are published will allow the creators to have a new platform to show their talents.

“Winning the contest would be a great opportunity,” visual senior Samantha Vassor said. “It would be cool to get recognition as a young artist and have my work be displayed. It’s important to get my name out there.”

Each and every student who participated also felt they put a great amount of time and effort into their pieces.

“It took me about 16 hours to create my entire piece,” visual sophomore Devon Davis said. “It really was a lot of hard work.”

The students were all told to submit to the APB poster contest by printmaking artist in residence Ms. Katelyn Spinelli.

“I took the opportunity that my teacher [Ms. Spinelli] gave us for a chance to win and show what I can do,” Vassor said.

Vote for your favorite submission at http://artpalmbeach.com/poster-contest/ .