• April 15Incent to Run Info Meeting on April 18th at 11:19 a.m. in Meyer Hall

Chaotic Club Rush

Photo by Lorenzo Romano
Dance seniors Savannah Alberty and Paul Rispoli draw attention and members to join Key Club during Club Rush on Sept. 10.

As students poured into the gymnasium eager to put their names on clipboards and cookies in their mouths, club members danced on chairs and did everything they could to entice people to join their club.

On Sept. 10, Dreyfoos’ annual Club Rush took place. The entire student body entered the gymnasium during lunch with aspirations of signing up to be part of one or more of the over 60 clubs that Dreyfoos has to offer.

“There is a huge variety of clubs that students here have to offer,” Science Honor Society member and keyboard junior Natalie Shteiman said. “No matter what, at least one will be tailored to your interest.”

Club Rush featured clubs ranging from Key Club, which participates in community service, to Political Society, which provides a platform for students to discuss political issues. The gym was packed with students anxious to join clubs, but some students did not know what to expect.

“I walked into the gym; it was so crowded and hard to move around,” communications freshman Michael Bole said. “It was crazy how everyone is dancing and cheering and trying to get you to join their club.”

Club Rush’s planning started the first week of school because of its enormity. Whether it be finding a club sponsor, or setting up tables the day before the event, all of Dreyfoos put in a lot of preparation.

“Club Rush took a few weeks of planning, right from our first SGA meeting,” SGA sponsor and math teacher Rachelle Lowen said. “[However,] it was definitely successful. Students got the opportunity to find their social scene and interact with students of all majors and grades.”

While there were some new clubs this year, there were also many that had a long-standing reputation, which lead to a greater number of students signing up.

“[Club Rush] shows what each different club has to offer. But, being an established club with a well-known cause attracts more students than other clubs,” A Prom to Remember president and dance senior Olivia Izenwasser said.

For the entire lunch period, students made determinations based on their interests, aspirations, and sometimes based on how passionate a club leader was. As a whole, the event continued to showcase Dreyfoos’ unique and dedicated student body.

“Everyone together out in the open is incredible. Each student can just pick and choose to their interests,” president of Camping, Hiking, and Outdoor Sports (CHAOS) and communications sophomore Garrett O’Donnell said. “The enthusiastic atmosphere and incredible energy made Club Rush truly great.”

$750
$10000

Alex Gordon
Alex Gordon, Managing Editor
Communications junior Alex Gordon is a Cover Editor and second-year staffer on The Muse. Aside from journalism, Gordon is a member of the Dreyfoos Speech and Debate Team, where he is the president, and was ranked last year as one of the top sophomores in Florida. He is also the vice president of ThinkPINK, and is an attorney for the Palm Beach County Youth Court program. In his free time, he enjoys swimming, watching Netflix, and reading. In the future, Gordon aspires to have a career in law, politics, or sports management. He looks forward to advancing his journalistic abilities with The Muse for the next two years.
$750
$10000