• April 15Incent to Run Info Meeting on April 18th at 11:19 a.m. in Meyer Hall

10 Things to do when you’re down

Art via Buzzfeed

Everyday isn’t the best day, but when that happens, we have the power to turn it all around. Happiness, or a state of well being brought about by enjoying or showing, pleasure, satisfaction or joy, is a choice. It’s our responsibility to shake off a bad mood and bring back the good vibes. Here’s some ideas to help improve your mood…

• Get a delicious Starbucks drink that probably has 12,000 calories. Feel no shame.

• Make a list of everything you’re grateful for to remember the great things in life.

• Read your favorite book novel, comic book, or story on the Internet. Read it slow and savor it.

• Go shopping online or at least window shop. Bookmark awesome stuff to get later.

• Turn off all your electronics and meditate. According to Stanford University, social media, or any acts that can be performed on a cellular device, often lead to sadness by showcasing the most witty, joyful, bullet-pointed versions of people’s lives, and inviting constant comparison, social media makes us see ourselves as losers.

• Listen to music that you really love. Sing to it as loudly as you want and as off-key as you want. Listening to music causes the brain to release dopamine, or the “feel-good” chemical.

• Go through Urban Dictionary and find some ridiculous but fun new words to add to your vocabulary.

• Notice where you hold the most tension in your body and let it go.

• Call someone you love. They can always put a smile on your face.

• Love yourself. University of California states that kindness makes people happy, so be kind to yourself.