Basketball Season Finishes

The Dreyfoos basketball team finished the season 4-12 after losing its final game to FAU High School 53-51 on Jan. 31 at Trinity Christian High School. The Jaguars, who finished fourth in the conference, were led by communications senior Matthew Carlton who scored 18 points and band freshman Amare Davis who had 15 points on five three-point goals.

The Jaguars had lost to FAU twice during the regular season, by 17 and 33 points respectively, but made the final game interesting. They trailed 14 points in the third quarter but took the lead with two minutes left in the game. FAU won the game on a last-second shot.

“It’s all good,” Charlton said. “Just the fact that we lost to a team on a buzzer beater after losing to them by double digits twice, I am very proud of us.”

It was the final game for five seniors, digital student Alex Baleno, vocal student Matthew Melusi, vocal student Craig Carrier, band student Miles Aucamp and Charlton. The remaining 13 on the roster will be returning for next season.

“Though our record may not show it, but we had a great season, filled with up and downs and some tough losses,” social studies teacher and basketball coach Jeffery Stohr said, “ Our last game, although we lost was a season defining game, and each and everyone of our players gave it their all and it was great to see.”

$450
$10000

Elliot Hacker, Sports Editor
Communications senior Elliot Hacker is a third-year staffer on The Muse. He is the editor of the Sports section, and enjoys all aspects of communications, but primarily concentrates on film and writing. He plays basketball competitively and generally loves sports. Hacker's future plans are currently unknown but he hopes to use communications in whatever he does. He feels privileged to be at Dreyfoos surrounded by such great talent. Hacker is happy with how high school is going and hopes it continues down a good path.
$450
$10000