• April 15Incent to Run Info Meeting on April 18th at 11:19 a.m. in Meyer Hall

Staying Fit for Volleyball

The girls volleyball team has been making some progress in terms of summer training and in preparation for their upcoming season in August. Visual senior Rachel Rabinowitz has made a jump start in organizing the fall season.

“It will be my last year on the team and now as a senior I want to do everything in my power to ensure a successful and enjoyable year,” Rabinowitz said. “I started by adding anyone who has been on or intends to tryout for the team to a Facebook group.”

Rabinowitz and other members have been attending open gym opportunities across the county. On Sunday, June 22, a few were able to come together at Village park in Wellington, where every week there is a volleyball open gym from 6-8 p.m. for $5. The girls not only practiced as a team but also won a match against another practicing boys high school team.

“It was fun because we were able to get together as a team again and focus on things to improve for next year,” digital media junior Valentina Suarez said. “By attending these open gyms, it makes it easier on all of us so that we can not only start training early but also start bonding again.”

$750
$10000

Bari Bossis, Head Copy Editor
Bari Bossis is the Head Copy Editor of The Muse. She hopes to pursue Journalism and Communications in college as she feels it has become an integral part of her life. Bossis is Co-President of the Dreyfoos' Make-A-Wish club, SGA Co-Treasurer, captain of the girls volleyball team and Community Outreach Coordinator of the National Honor Society. Community involvement is important to Bossis; she feels involvement is necessary for an individual as it provides an opportunity for them to flourish in a group of people with similar values and goals.
$750
$10000