Dr. Marzano visits Dreyfoos

• (L-R) Palm Beach County’s Department of Professional Development Kathleen Orloff and Chief of Human Resources Sandra Gero host a conference regarding the Marzano teaching method on May 22.

• (L-R) Calusa Elementary School Principal Jamie Wyatt and Dreyfoos School of the Arts Principal Susan Atherley discuss the Marzano teaching method at the conference on May 22.

• (L-R) Palm Springs Middle School principal Sandy Jinks, Acreage Pines Elementary School principal Amy Dujon, Calusa Elementary School principal Jamie Wyatt, Dreyfoos School of the Arts principal Susan Atherley and Dr. Robert Marzano discuss The Marzano teaching method at the conference on May 22.

• Dr. Robert Marzano discusses the Marzano teaching method with principals at a press conference on May 22.

A press conference regarding the newly implemented Marzano teaching method was held in the Dreyfoos Media Center Friday, May 22. The conference was hosted by Palm Beach County’s Department of Professional Development Director, Ms. Kathleen Orloff and Chief of Human Resources Ms. Sandra Gero. The conference featured a panel of speakers including Dr. Robert Marzano, Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts’ principal Susan Atherley, Palm Springs Middle School’s principal Sandy Jinks, Calusa Elementary School’s principal Jamie Wyatt and Acreage Pines Elementary School’s principal, Amy Dujon. Each school represented has worked on implementing the Marzano method throughout this school year, and each discussed their experiences. Dr. Marzano asked each principal  to reflect upon the experience of implementing his method the obstacles they faced. The general consensus was that there was an overall improvement in education and professional growth at each school, and that the largest obstacle was transitioning from the old learning strategies to Marzano. Afterwards, Dr. Marzano and the CEO of the Learning Sciences International Mr. Michael Toth spoke about the benefits of the Marzano program and the example Palm Beach County is providing in implementing Marzano for the rest of the country. The official video of the press conference will be released in the future, and this story will be updated.

$750
$10000

Erik Ridd
Erik Ridd, Website Editor
Erik Ridd is a communications senior and the Co-Editor of the website you’re currently visiting. He spends most of his time pretending that he is talented at writing and drawing, melting his brain playing Nintendo video games or trying to convince people that he is literally Spider-Man and/or Batman. His accomplishments include catching all the Pokémon (after wasting hundreds of hours), becoming an Eagle Scout at the last possible moment, earning his black belt in tae kwon do so that he can intimidate people and somehow convincing the judges that he is worthy of attending Dreyfoos during auditions. Ridd is currently serving his third and final year on The Muse, and is doing his best to help make this website the best it can be. If you find an error or problem on this site make sure to both bring it to his attention and attribute all the blame to him.
$750
$10000