Dreyfoos on Ice
Dreyfoos on Ice
April 22, 2024

Seniors Gear Up For Their Last Quarter

As+the+seniors+prepare+for+graduation%2C+they+must+take+in+their+final+days+in+the+Dreyfoos+halls.+
Graphic by: Riley Freese
As the seniors prepare for graduation, they must take in their final days in the Dreyfoos halls.

After almost four years, our seniors are bidding farewell to the campus they have come to know as home. This final quarter is full of exciting events for the seniors to bond over before they part ways. Grad Bash will be April 25, senior sign out will begin May 6 and Project Graduation will throw their annual party after graduation on May 15. In addition to these events, each art area pays homage to their respective seniors through showcases or toasts.

“The end-of-year events, to me, are a celebration of the last four years,” strings senior and SGA president Fabiola Plaza said. “It’s just a reminder that this is our last year here, and instead of being sad about it, we celebrate the memories we’ve created while making new ones.”

This year, seniors who attend Grad Bash will have the opportunity to make memories by gaining full access to rides at Universal Orlando and hearing a live performance from Trey Songz.

“I’m excited to be able to spend time with my friends away from school before we graduate and go our separate ways this summer. From what I heard from past seniors, it’s a fun trip and kind of a right of passage before graduation,” communications senior Jordan McCrary said.

While not every senior will pursue their art area in and beyond college, each major sends their respective seniors off in a special way. Visual, digital media, dance and theatre are among the majors that carry out senior showcases to display the talents of the graduating class.

“[Senior showcases] are the seniors’ last performance opportunity so it’s super important to them as artists…to showcase their growth over the past four years,” theatre junior Jamie Salinger said.

As seniors are finalizing their post high school decisions, it is these events that will be remembered in their new lives apart from Dreyfoos.

“It’s our last quarter, so I think we have to remember to give it our all, finish off strong and take advantage of those opportunities that we have overlooked for the last four years,” Plaza said. “You don’t want to end up regretting anything.”

$750
$10000

Riley Freese
Riley Freese, Layout Editor
Communications senior Riley Freese is a Layout Editor for The Muse. Her love of journalism began in middle school when she would help with the morning announcements. In addition to her commitment as a writer and editor, Riley is the Treasurer of the Debate Team, President of Key Club, and member of the cross country team. Last summer, she attended the FBI’s Future Agents in Training Program at the Washington DC Field Office and the Florida Forensic Institute in Ft. Lauderdale. She is interested in social and criminal justice, and looks forward to pursuing this in years to come. In her spare time, Riley enjoys watching “The Office” on Netflix.
$750
$10000