Samii Against Melanoma

SAM LogoOn Aug. 30, the Students Against Melanoma (SAM) club members put on a back-to-school fashion show at the Gardens Mall which featured educational tables and a Dermaview machine for skin damage consultations.

The Richard David Kann Melanoma Foundation spreads its commitment to education and preventing and detecting skin cancer to young students everywhere. Digital Media senior and SAM club president Samantha Stoloff was there to show her support and dedication to the cause.

“I have been a co-president of SAM for four years, since I was a freshman,”  Stoloff said. “I was the host of the fashion show and read everyone’s bios as they walked the runway.”

Several vendors from around the mall including PacSun, Billabong and Aeropostale donated clothes for the cause, making it a true high fashion experience for the young students turned models. The event was held in the Macy’s courtyard.

“The fashion show was just another event to help spread awareness of sun safety,” Stoloff said. “The Richard Kann Melanoma Foundation has many fundraisers and events throughout the year and I always encourage fellow club members to volunteer and participate in events to help spread awareness.”

Stoloff is very direct when it comes to spreading sun safety awareness to her friends around the school and people in South Florida.

“This year I’m trying to get the club involved with the sports teams because they are out playing in the sun and a lot of them don’t protect their skin while playing,” Stoloff said. “I’m also 100% against tanning beds and always give off facts.”

$750
$10000

Frances Landrum
Frances Landrum, Social Media Manager
Visual senior Frances Landrum is a second year staffer on The Muse and Social Media and Website Managing Editor. Frances is very savvy when it comes to technology, dabbling in programming and coding websites for different clients. An astound feminist, Frances is a HOBY Alumni, Palm Beach County Youth Leader Class of 2015, an inductee into over three honor societies, and is the President of The Women's Empowerment Club.
$750
$10000