AP Exam scores released

To the apprehension of high school test takers across the country, the 2014 AP test scores were released from July 5-9. The tests taken in early May were graded during June. This year, there were controversies with the testing and grading process.

During the scoring of the World History exam, there are generally T-shirts sold that reference one of essay questions of that year. This year, the commemorative shirt featured caricatured Chinese figures in the communist movement. The shirt, stirring outcry, led to the College Board releasing a public statement apologizing for the racist tones.

“It is unacceptable that one of the AP Exam Readers created a t-shirt that mocked historical events that were the cause of great pain and suffering, and promulgated racist stereotypes that further marginalize a racial minority,” the statement said.

Another issue arose in Centennial, Colorado in which a proctor fell asleep while almost 20 students were testing. After the proctor was woken up, the students reported the incident. Later, the College Board contacted the students and gave them three options. They could take a projected score, retake the test or have the AP credit thrown out.
Despite the few hiccups, all test takers will have their scores by 8:00 a.m. on July 9 and Florida students will be able to get their scores July 7 at 8:00 a.m. Scores are available at www.apscore.org.
$450
$10000

Mackenzie White, News Editor
Communications student Mackenzie White is the News Editor of The Muse as well as the Assistant Floor Director for TV Production. She enjoys reading and writing and is a big fan of films and television. White has a 15-year-old sister who is currently a theater freshman along with a 29-year-old brother who is a Dreyfoos Alumnus Class of 2003. She interns weekly for Senator Bill Nelson in his West Palm Beach office and has a strong passion for politics and social activism. Her dream for college is to attend University of Virginia as a political science and history major. White looks forward to finishing up her wonderful experience as a student at Dreyfoos.
$450
$10000