A guide to Vans Warped Tour

Image Credit to CCRL LLC

Calling all defenders of pop-punk: Warped Tour, one of the summer’s largest touring music festivals, is fast approaching. Whether this is your first or fifth time going, there are a few things to keep in mind come July 26.

Warped Tour is an all-day outdoor concert featuring acts from a variety of genres that occurs rain or shine. South Florida’s venue is the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach. With the Florida heat cranking away, you’ll want to bring a backpack full of supplies to keep you going throughout the day.

Supplies:

• Backpack
  • Sealed water bottle
  • Energy bars
  • Frozen wash cloth in a plastic bag (apply to your neck if you overheat)
  • Sunscreen
  • Sunglasses
  • Camera
  • Fully charged cell phone (keep a charger in a plastic bag in your backpack)
  • Permanent marker for autographs or writing set times
  • Your ticket

Once you have your backpack ready the night before, make sure you get plenty of rest. The venue gates open at 11 a.m. and you will want to be there early to park and find your way to the entrance. If this is your first time at Warped Tour, you’re in for an exciting experience. However, there are a few do’s and don’ts of Warped Tour to keep in mind.

Do:

• Be considerate. It may be a loud, obnoxious concert, but you still need to be mindful of others. Help people who fall down or are asking to get out of a large crowd.
  • Be aware of your surroundings. If you are in a large crowd to see a band, watch out for crowd surfers. They may come from behind you and fall on your head if you don’t look out for them.
  • Acknowledge merchandise sellers. The West Palm Beach date is on the last week of the tour. These men and women have been dealing with obnoxious teenagers since the first week of June, and they are tired. Be patient and polite with them.  Remember, no shirt is called “That one!”
  • Check in with your friends and family. If this is your first Warped Tour, your parents will be worried sick. Call them to check-in every hour. If you’re with a group of friends, create a meeting spot or plan out your day once you enter the venue. Warped Tour gets extremely crowded and if you lose your party, you will want to find them so they know you’re okay.

Don’t:

• Don’t be rude. Pushing and shoving will be your first action when you get in a crowded space, but you can get to your destination without elbowing the smaller girl blocking your path. She might just have a very angry boyfriend protecting her. Be patient and keep your hands to yourself, unless you are in the mosh pit.
  • Don’t be careless. Make sure to stay hydrated. Don’t forget to drink water and grab a snack. Don’t walk by the free water refill tent; it is essential that you take advantage of it. Don’t let your guard down when you are in or near the mosh pit. Random outbreaks of mini pits have the possibility of opening at any given time. Look around, and if you see people backing up to form a circle, either walk away or focus on not getting hit, unless you plan to join in the circle. If you don’t want to get hit, stay out of the pit.

It cannot be stressed enough that you need to remain hydrated throughout the day of Warped Tour. Drink a lot of water the day before to allow your body time to absorb it. Eat a healthy dinner the night before and an extremely healthy breakfast in the morning. Once you get to the venue, excitement will take over and you might not notice yourself getting hungry, so make sure to get your energy in before you leave the house. Apply sunscreen before leaving home and when you get to the venue. Reapply periodically throughout the day.

There are several things to keep in mind for Warped Tour, but the golden rule is to enjoy yourself. Purchase your set list for $2 when you enter the venue, plan out your schedule with bands, get your meet and greet wristbands and get over to the first stage.

Any further questions you may have regarding Warped Tour can be found in the FAQ section at vanswarpedtour.com or on the Warped Tour app for Android or iPhone. A list of the acts playing can be found at here.

$450
$10000

Briana Posner, Entertainment Editor
Briana Posner is a communications senior with a heart and soul for rock n’ roll. You can always find her with her ear buds in, listening to her latest favorite band. When one of them is in town you can catch her in the pit, moshing it out with the best of them. After a concert is over she likes to stake out the tour buses in hopes of receiving an interview with the band. Along with her passion for music, Bri celebrates Halloween every day. Why wait for Fall to wear black in the 100 degree weather? Sporting her Jack Skellington-esque attire you can hear her favorite combat boots clunking across the floor while she’s running back and forth between news rooms.
$450
$10000